- You will need to download movies and other videos to your ipad in order to play them if you go somewhere without an internet connection.
- You can download TV shows and movies from the iTunes Store app. There is free and available for purchase content there.
- If you subscribe to a streaming service like netflix, amazon prime, or youtube premium, you can download videos from there as well.
- Videos you store on cloud services like dropbox or onedrive can also be downloaded for offline playback.
- visit businessinsider .com for more stories.
Nowadays, streaming videos from sites like netflix, hulu, and hbo, not to mention watching videos from youtube, has become the norm.
but you don’t always have access to wi-fi, and there are times when you may need to download videos to your ipad’s internal storage to play at a later time.
Fortunately, there are several ways to get videos on your iPad.
how to download videos from itunes store
1. open the itunes store app.
2. find the video (a movie or TV show) you want to download. Note that there are tabs at the bottom of the screen to search for movies and TV shows, and you can use the search bar at the top right to search for something by name.
3. When you find the video you want to download, tap it and then tap the price. (If the item is free, instead of a price it will just say “get”.) Also, keep in mind that for a TV series, you can buy the entire season or individual episodes.
4. itunes may ask you to authorize the purchase by entering your password or using face id or touch id.
5. after completing the purchase, your ipad may display a dialog box asking if you want to download the video. if so, tap “download”.
6. If it doesn’t download automatically, you can tap the cloud icon where the price used to be.
7. once the download is complete, tap “purchased” at the bottom of the screen.
8. find the video you downloaded (it can be helpful to only show movies or TV shows using the buttons at the top of the screen) and tap it to play it.
how to download videos from a streaming service like netflix
Some streaming services, including Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, allow you to download videos in addition to streaming them. Unfortunately, not all services allow you to download videos, so this may not work with services like Hulu and HBO. You can download YouTube videos to your iPad if you subscribe to YouTube Premium.
1. open your video streaming app, like netflix.
2. find the video you want to download and go to the details page, where you can see a list of all the episodes of the season or additional information about the movie.
3. press the download button, which looks like an arrow pointing down.
After downloading the video, you can play it by returning to the video details page and tapping to play it the same way you normally would.
how to download videos from a cloud service like dropbox
If you’re storing videos on a cloud service like dropbox or onedrive, you can also download a copy to your ipad from there, allowing you to play the video without an internet connection.
1. open a cloud storage app, like dropbox.
2. find the video you want to download on your ipad and tap the three dots below its thumbnail.
3. tap “available offline”. (You can also find this command by tapping the three dots in the top right on the selected video.)
After the video is downloaded to your ipad, you can return here to play the video without an internet connection.
Related coverage of how to do it all: technology:
how to factory reset your ipad
how to back up your ipad to icloud or a computer
can ipads get viruses? this is what you need to know
how to reboot and force reboot any ipad model