exclusive: how johnny cash took 100 pills a day chased by a case of beer and crashed mrs june carter’s cadillac into a telephone pole, knocked out his teeth and was denied treatment because doctors said it was a “bad news”
- julie chadwick, author of the man with cash, tells dailymail.com that johnny cash’s drug addiction was much darker than the media shows
- The book details how cash manager saul holiff dealt with cash through his addiction; once found ‘virtually dead’ on the floor of his RV
- at one point, holiff literally had to carry cash on stage after he passed out
- holiff saved a newspaper revealing that the kkk launched a campaign against cash because they thought his wife was black
- the Cash also wrote Holiff a 10-page letter about how he was worried June Carter would leave him because of her drug addiction.
- Listen to phone conversations between Cash and Holiff making up after a fight.
by emma foster for dailymail.com
published: | updated: